Throughout the last several months, I have really enjoyed sharing my thoughts, suggestions, and random stories through Strong-Fit-Beautiful. It’s been an exciting couple weeks here, too – we hit the 200 post mark … and also the 200 followers mark. Now, I have one more item to add to the list of accomplishments: the One Lovely Blog Award! Thanks so much to littlemisswordy.wordpress.com for recognizing my little blog that could!
In accepting this, shall I say, Lovely(?) award, I’ve been tasked with sharing with you seven things you may not know about me:
- I hated high school gym class. With. A. Passion. Friends from high school actually laugh when they find out I’m not a fitness instructor.
- I have an irrational fear of snow. I refuse to drive in it if I can help it. The same holds true for bad rain. So yeah, with Hurricane Sandy/Frankenstorm hitting the DC area right now, I’ve been holed up in my apartment, watching the news for the last 8 hours (thank goodness I could work from home today!)
- That said, summer is my favorite season. I plan my weekends around the time the pool opens (not kidding … the lifeguard this summer actually told me I was “late” one day, because the pool had been open for an hour by the time I showed up). My family thinks there’s something wrong with me.
- I’m a trained singer. I studied voice from 8th grade through my junior year of college. And I still use the training … kinda. It comes out when I’m singing to my Spinning classes or talking about the importance of breath control in any of my classes.
- I don’t like honey. I don’t like mustard. But I LOVE honey mustard. Figure that one out.
- I’ve moved to a new city sight-unseen … twice. I ended up spending almost two years in Nashville, and I’ll hit year #3 in the DC area in three weeks. The former I didn’t love, but coming to DC was a GREAT decision.
- Speaking of great decisions … attending Clemson was the best decision I’ve ever made in my entire life. I can’t say enough good things about the environment, the people, the education, the experience … if there is such thing as love at first sight, I experienced it when I visited Clemson. And my life has been better because of it.
If you enjoy Strong-Fit-Beautiful, you may also want to check out some of the blogs that I check out regularly (in addition to littlemisswordy, obviously):
Those are just a couple I’ve been frequenting – some recently, and some I’ve been reading regularly for a while. Any other suggestions for great blogs I should check out?