Naturally, I have a few thoughts on some of these points, too. Here are a few of my favorites:
6. Don’t fall for gimmicks. The only tried-and-true method to lose 10 pounds in 48 hours is food poisoning.
I’d actually even call that one a stretch … I only lost seven pounds in three days when I had my wisdom teeth removed a decade ago.
7. Yes, every gym has an overenthusiastic spinning instructor who hasn’t bought a record since “Walking on Sunshine.”
I can honestly say I have NEVER played “Walking on Sunshine” (a.k.a. the song every showchoir – mine excluded, THANK GOD – sang in the late 90s). But I may very well be the overenthusiastic spinning instructor…
16. There’s the yoga instructor everyone loves, and the yoga instructor everyone hates. Memorize who they are.
This really depends on what you are looking for. Some people love me, some people think I’m crazy.
17. If you see an indoor rock climbing wall, you’re either in a really cool gym or a romantic comedy starring Kate Hudson.
My gym does, in fact, have an indoor rock climbing wall in some of its clubs. Nobody ever uses it.
19. If a gym class is going to be effective, it’s hard. If you’re relaxed and enjoying yourself, you’re at brunch.
I only do hard. Easy is boring. If you want your butt kicked, come to my class.
26. A successful gym membership is like a marriage: If it’s good, you show up committed and ready for hard work. If it’s not good, you show up in sweatpants and watch a lot of bad TV.
I do the hard work, but I’ve also watched an awful lot of ESPN on the treadmill.
If you get a chance, definitely check out the list – it’s hilarious! And with all the myths that are floating around out there, it’s nice to see some that, while funny, are also so true in so many ways!